Thursday 3 July 2014

Zaika 6

Peacock's Body

When looking at images of peacock's I wasn't sure if I wanted my image to show a peacock with its feathers open on display or closed and trailing behind it. The tail being open seems to be a traditional and well known decorative way of displaying a peacock whereas I wanted to steer away from something that's been seen plenty of times before.



Rather than going for an open tail approach, I thought I'd look at more images of the tail staying closed to give me more ideas. By looking at images in different angles I was able to understand how the tail would be positioned if it was relaxed however I didn't think it brought out the peacock's greatest asset enough. I prefer the peacock's body to be facing sideways however the feathers of the tail aren't on show as much in this position, therefore if the tail was to be tilted to a side slightly then the image could look intentionally decorative.




No comments:

Post a Comment