Thursday 3 July 2014

Zaika 2

Restaurant Art

My oldest brother asked me to create some paintings and pictures to hang up, and become a part of the décor, in the restaurant. Therefore my initial thought was to create Indian themed images that appear very stereotypically Asian. I thought I could combine aspects such as henna art, Asian elephants, peacocks and tigers, etc and decorative clothings designs together to become a theme. 

Research

I've researched some Indian art by simply searching on google images and picking out images that stood out the most to me. These will help me have an idea of how varied in style I can go about creating art for a restaurant.


The Universal Indian Elephants
by Nick Gibson


Sandra Kali
by Sabina Espinet



Royal Peacock
by Chariklia Zarris


Indian Peacock Hand-pulled Linocut
by Anna See


No comments:

Post a Comment