Thursday 3 July 2014

Summer brief: Zaika

Zaika

So my dad's started another Indian restaurant business. Having three others (Tandoor Mahal, Zaffran and Alishaan Tandoori) wasn't enough.

The first task was to decide on a name, this is when my mum popped up with 'Zaika' and we settled with that instantly. The second task was to create a title design/logo. At first my brothers asked me to look for some suitable fonts online and choose one and one only. Having three brothers and a dad means that there's too many opinions when it comes to choosing a font therefore I was assigned this task so that my choice would be final and there would be no further deliberation about it. My brothers also added that if I can't find a font online then I should design one myself.

So I began my journey online to look for the right font. I realised I was very indecisive and collected a page full of varieties. I wanted my brothers and dad to have a say in my choices just in case my choices ended up being something completely different to what an Indian restaurant would have (I've never done anything like this before so I wouldn't have a clue). Dad didn't seem to like any of my designs and threw a strop so I decided to bring the task to a halt. My youngest brother doodled a design later one day and then I went on to clean up the initial sketches and then develop the design further. We opted for the third design without the involvement of the chilli pepper and the differently shaped 'Z'. This was when the design/logo was born!




No comments:

Post a Comment