Monday 10 November 2014

Headlines & Deadlines 10


September 26, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Posted by Gabriel Campanario



Sketched Sept. 17, 2014

If you want a caramel macchiato, ask for an “Interception.” A “Touchdown” will get you a mocha, and a “First Down,” a latte.

That’s the right terminology at a new drive-thru stand near 196th Street Southwest in Lynnwood where baristas don referee jerseys and give out little blue footballs as punch cards.

Owner David Craig (no relation to former Seahawks quarterback Dave Krieg) came up with the idea of a 12th Man-themed drive-thru after meeting someone who supposedly makes a killing painting the number 12 on people’s garages and roofs. (If that’s you reading, I’d like to sketch you, too!)

But “12th Man” is trademarked, so he had to get creative. His stand, perhaps the first of its kind in the area, is branded Twelfth Fan Espresso.

“As long as the Seahawks keep winning, it will work,” a confident Craig, wearing a Super Bowl champions hat, told me inside the concession trailer.

I usually don’t pull up for drinks while I’m driving because I never know what to expect. But now that I’ve met Craig, I may have to come back and order another “Beast Mode” Italian soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment